Wednesday 22 May 2013

Tree of life

"On my left arm there is a motif, inspired by Halliste Parish's apron, which is made by Anton from Tartoo Tattoo. I originate from Halliste (situated in South Estonia) and that is why this tattoo has  diverse interpretations for me. It symbolizes my roots, my field of study (folklore) and my future - what I expect from it; for example: circle -  light and life, rose - love and reincarnation etc.


On my right arm there is a tree of life, which was drawn by an artist Siret Roots, but made again by Anton. In the centre you can see a mulk's* symbol - cross, which describes the equilibrium between the world and the heaven. In addition the tree of life denotes strength, life force, flexibility and harmony. Archaic versus modern. This tattoo gives me strength and flexibility whenever I feel down. "

*Seen in Tallinn
*In case you are not from Estonia and you have no idea who is "mulk" - http://www.estinst.ee/publications/12/kymnes.html
*I suggest you to take a look at Siret Roots's website, if you are interested in arts - http://www.siretroots.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment